From Monday April 4th to Friday 8th 2016, wine trade members and journalists from the four corners of the World are expected in the Bordeaux vineyards for the traditionnal « En Primeur » Week, where they will discover the 2015 vintage of hundreds of Bordeaux chateaux, including wines from the Dourthe vineyards.
« En primeur » in Bordeaux
« En primeur » is a nearly two-centuries-old tradition. The first week of April is focused on the tasting of « en primeur » wines, presenting in the best possible conditions wines from the latest vintage, which has been harvested 6 months earlier, and will be bottled 15 to 18 months later.
This demanding tasting exercise is strictly reserved for the international trade and dedicated press from all over the World. It requires a certain level of expertise in order to assess the potential of a wine at an exact moment in time and predict the benefits to be reaped from a further 18 months ageing before bottling.
Over the course of the week, members of the wine trade will select which wines to buy « en primeur » at a lower price than after bottling.
The much-anticipated scores, ratings and tasting notes set by the journalists will help rank the wines among the entire range of Cru wines presented.
Tasting Dourthe Wines during En Primeur week
- At Château Belgrave, April 4th to 8th : en primeurs wines from the nine Dourthe Estates will be presented at Château Belgrave. This tasting, in a perfect setting an highly professionnal conditions, is available by invitation only.
Journalists and trade will also find our wines all along the week in different sites, tastings available by reservation only :
- Syndicat des Pessac-Léognan tasting, Château Malartic Lagravière, Léognan, April 4th – 9h / 18h : Château La Garde
- Syndicat des Graves tasting, April 4th – Grand Hall, Place de la Bourse – Bordeaux – from 17h30 : Château Rahoul
- Grand Cercle des Vins de Bordeaux tastings, Château de Rochemorin in Martillac, and Château Laroze in Saint-Emilion, April 4th to 6th – 9h / 18h, : Château La Garde, Château Le Boscq (only at Rochemorin), Château Grand Barrail Lamarzelle Figeac, Château Pey La Tour Réserve.
- Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux tasting, April 5th to 7th – Château Malartic Lagravière, hosting Graves and Pessac-Léognan from 9h /18 h : Château Rahoul, and Château Citran, hosting Haut-Médoc, Listrac and Moulis from 9h / 18h : Château Belgrave.
- Alliance des Crus Bourgeois tasting, Château d’Arsac, April 5th to 7th – 9h / 18h : Château Le Boscq and Château Reysson.
Find out more about the 2015 vintage…
As soon as next week, full details about the 2015 vintage in Dourthe vineyards will be released, followed day after day, during the « en primeur » week, by specific informations about each Dourthe châteaux.